I just ran across the David Suzuki Foundation website. It's an excellent resource.
On the site, he throws down the Nature Challenge with these ten things you can do to protect the environment.
- Reduce home energy use by 10%
- Choose an energy-efficient home & appliances
- Don't use pesticides
- Eat meat-free meals one day a week
- Buy locally grown and produced food
- Choose a fuel-efficient vehicle
- Walk, bike, carpool or take transit
- Choose a home close to work or school
- Support alternative transportation
- Learn more and share with others
Each of them has a link to more information. The challenge is to pick three of them and do them within the next year. Pretty easy, right?