I see so many people trudging along, surviving, but missing out on the vibrant, juicy, success-filled possibilities that life has to offer.
In a nutshell, she says that people who are able to thrive...
- Bloom where they are planted.
- Don’t moan and groan “why me”, they make things happen.
- Have the ability to laugh and find humor in things.
- Are able to compartmentalize each challenge in their lives as a temporary blip rather than a permanent situation.
- Know the art of creatively construing.
- Have an attitude of gratitude.
- Trust that there is a plan and a point to life.
- Are optimistic and hopeful, not just some times, but all of the time.
- Act “as if” and trust that sooner than later, they will become what they envision they already are.
- Know that you can’t go it alone.
The article is worth reading, but don't just stop there. For each of the points she outlines, take a look at your own life and ask yourself, "What do I do?" If you find yourself out of synch with any of them, ask yourself, "What could I do differently?" Then pick one and start putting that change into action in the coming week.
To keep the momentum going on your positive change, try scheduling a monthly check-in with yourself to review the ideas and look at the action you've been taking to build on them.
Brought to you by Curt Rosengren, Passion Catalyst TM