I talk about career passion a lot here, but what good is it really? Why bother trying to incorporate it into your career?
Beyond the fact that life would be a lot more fun (a pretty hefty positive in and of itself), what are the nuts and bolts benefits of tapping into career passion?
I've been giving that a lot of thought of late. I often encounter people who have developed the notion that pursuing passion is somehow frivolous. But the truth is quite the opposite. It is actually one of the best strategic investments you can make in your career, and your life in general.
[You may want to check out my definition of passion to put what I'm talking about in perspective.]
Here are some of the key benefits as I see them, as I have seen people experience them, and as I have experienced them myself:
On the career front, tapping into career passion:
- Energizes you and fuels your success
- Strengthens your confidence in your abilities, your decisions, and your potential
- Inspires the persistence it takes to make your dreams reality
Tapping into career passion has an effect on life beyond the job as well. For example, having a thriving career you love can:
- Reduce the stress that comes from being out of alignment with what comes naturally (and improve health along the way)
- Enhance your relationships because you are happier and in a better state of mind
I'll be writing more about each of these in the next few days. In the meantime, I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.
Brought to you by Curt Rosengren, Passion Catalyst TM