Sometimes I run across something that makes me say, "Oh! I wish I had thought of that!" That was my response when Kim Kotecki clued me in to The Escape Plan. It's what she and her husband Jason call an "xblog," an experiential blog.
What is that? In their words...
An experiential blog contains the following elements:
- It has a finite number of posts, each of which constitute a specific step towards a stated goal.
- Community is created by readers (voyagers) who share comments on their experiences.
- It is written by an individual or team of sherpas, who lead the experience and guide voyagers in the journey.
They are doing The Escape Plan as an xblog, but they encourage people to come up with their own xblogs and even give a list of possible ideas. A new movement underway perhaps?
The Escape Plan is their attempt to cure a big dose of what they call Adultitis. Here's how they describe it...
- The Escape Plan is a 40-day journey. Each day brings with it a challenge designed to get us thinking and acting in a more childlike way.
- We record our daily experiences and personal observations as part of this blog.
- In order to make it even more fun, we decided to offer you the opportunity to vote on each challenge, deeming which one of us did a better job of pushing ourselves to capture the truest essence of the spirit of childhood.
- We’ve asked a handful of friends and family to commit to giving the Escape Plan a try as well. They’ll also share their solutions and experiences for each challenge in the comment section of each blog post.
I love this idea.
Brought to you by Curt Rosengren, Passion Catalyst TM