Here's an article from Michael Kroth, Ph.D. and Patricia Boverie, Ph.D. offering "Ideas for Leading with Passion." In it, they draw from the experience of Darlene Ryan, Founder, President and CEO of PharmaFab.
The key points are:
- Forget About the Past
- Create A Workplace Where You’d Love To Be
- Make Work Significant – Leaders are Meaning-Makers
- Take Time for Reflection and Learning
- Keep Your Eye On the (Company) Ball
- Footnote – Follow Your Great Joy
All good ideas. Of course, it will come as no surprise to you that the only exception I take to this list is that Follow Your Great Joy is a footnote. In my book, that should be front and center. The biggest source of leading with passion (or doing anything with passion) has to be being passionate yourself about what you're doing.