OK, enough of all this serious career stuff! Sometimes you just need a little random silliness, and I have just the thing!
Chasing Daisy's blog offers the perfect antidote to workplace boredom, namely, an office dare system. The only catch is that nobody in your office gets to know about the dares. You simply walk around carrying them out - basically until everybody votes to have you committed.
Some of my favorite dares:
- Phone someone in the office you barely know, leave your name and say, "Just called to say I can't talk right now. Bye."
- Leave your zipper open for one hour. If anyone points it out, say, "Sorry, I really prefer it this way".
- While riding in the lift (elevator), gasp dramatically every time the doors open.
- Babble incoherently at a fellow employee then ask, "Did you get all that, I don't want to have to repeat it".
- Page yourself over the intercom (do not disguise your voice).
- Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
- In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your forehead repeatedly and mutter, "Shut up, damn it, all of you just shut up!"
- Arrange toy figures on the table to represent each meeting attendee, move them according to the movements of their real-life counterparts.